Sunday, June 8, 2008

Florida Wrap Up





We had a fun time and it's hard to believe it's hotter in DC than Florida! Doug and Judi bought a place in Lakewood Ranch, near Sarasota. It's new construction and so nice and clean and new. Pool, spa and lots of golf nearby. It will be great to have a warm and sunny place to go in the dead of winter. I have to admit plane flights with Lucy are getting more hectic. She used to nurse and sleep almost the entire way but those days are gone. Now it's hair pulling, back arching, screeching, biting my nose and climing "momma mountain." This is a move where she literally is like a koala climbing up the front of me, feet pressed into my stomach and hands climbing up my front and past my head. She is also now crawling for real, moving the hands and feet instead of just the flop she mastered a few weeks ago. She is working on kneeling down to get from standing back to the floor. Hopefully this will mean a few less falls! We are excited to be home and in our own beds!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ingrid,
The "Momma Mtn" took me back to all those years ago---before it was against the law to take kids out of their car seats-- when we would drive to D.C. to visit everyone. John drove and I cajoled children and sacrificed myself as the "Momma Mtn". At our destination John would remark that it had been " a easy trip, actually!!!" Yeah! for him at least...........