Friday, July 25, 2008

Morning Routine


Lucy and I have a specific routine each morning. Since it begins at 5:30, it's a bit rough for mom. I get her from the crib, she has a diaper change, quick trip to the momma milk truck then we head downstairs. She loves to help me push the buttons to turn off the house alarm, then comes along as I get the papers out front. I plop her in the backroom and she usually watches a minute or two of WETA Kids....Teletubbies comes on at 6 am for those of you looking for something to watch at that time! We hang out for about an hour until it's time to try and shove down some food or yogurt...then countdown until her first nap. She loves her early morning TV and this shot is just so cute. She's modeling her new "big kid" jammies. I can't believe 9 months have gone by in such a flash!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We moved to Charlottesville when Jen was 9 mon old ( John was an intern at UVa) and became good friends with other intern families in the same townhouse complex. Jennifer got up every morning around 5:30 and I used to look out my kitchen window and watch until my friend across the street (another interns wife with a girl 2 weeks older than Jen) turned on her kitchen light. Her daughter always slept till 7 or so and I was soooooo jealous!! I have lots of sympathy for you Ingrid.......