Monday, February 11, 2008

Tummy Sleeper

In a moment of desperation at 5 am, more escapes from the Swaddle, etc. I set Lucy on her tummy to sleep in her crib. Voila! She went down in 2 minutes. Of course I did not sleep at all as I stared at her to make sure she was still breathing. Now I am remote blogging from the nursery watching her nap on her tummy in there. She has been sleeping for 24 minutes which is 23 minutes longer than any previous nap in her crib. There must be a secret society of moms who have discovered that their babies prefer to sleep like this....I figure since she can lift and hold her head and turn over she's fine. We will continue with the experiment. Not sure how much more sleep I'll get as I'm still a nervous wreck!

2 comments:

Sara_J said...

My mother went through the same thing with me. I preferred tummy sleeping, but it was just when all the warnings about it came down on the mothers.

After a few days of anxiety and the peace that I gave her by being on my tummy - everything worked out.

Tara said...

I know other moms who's babies will only sleep on their tummies. Talk to your ped about it, if you are really concerned they sell movement sensors that go under the mattress and function like monitors. Good luck! I hope she took a nice long nap for you :)