Thursday, February 21, 2008

Post-Ferber Face



After saying I wasn't going to post about sleep, here I am again doing it. But after 4 weeks of insane wake-ups during the night, I consulted my cousins who've collectively raised 6 kids and they said "You must do the Ferber method!" So we did. It's basically the "progressive waiting" approach as they try to fall asleep on their own in their crib. Lucy cried for 2 hours the first stretch, and we went in every 10 minutes to reassure her. It was hell but she slept much better and only ate at 11 and at 4, and we had to wake her up at 7:30 for the day. She did not cry after being fed and put back down at 4! I think we are making progress.

1 comment:

Emma said...

We did Ferber and then used Marc Weissbluth's book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" which I loved. He's a horrible writer, but my kid now sleeps great. After awhile, going in to reassure Henry didn't work for us; he'd just get more upset (but this was when we were doing the middle of the night cry-it-out later in the game). Call me if you want to talk sleep. We had to train Henry.