Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cindy and Cecil





Lucy's 2 favorite books are Cindy Bakes a Funny Cake and Pop Goes the Weasel, starring Mr. Cecil the weasel. She has fully dismembered both Cindy and Cecil (see above, Headless Cindy) and we fight to keep even a semblance of the original pop ups in the book. I actually ordered a new copy of Mr. Cecil used from Amazon b.c. she tore apart the first one I had. Cindy does not bake any cakes anymore in the book...how could she without a head? But it's still a classic. It was mine when I was little!

4 comments:

Pound said...

i have never heard of the cindy book, we'll have to check it out

Ingrid said...

hah! it is copyright 1972 or something. Good luck finding it!!

Stacey Faye said...

ahaha -- your commentary is funny. When I babysat she had me read her the weasel book.

Unknown said...

You'll be happy to hear I'm convinced Lucy will be a Home Ec Major. Things skip generations you know. Betsy and Jen were never really Home Ec material, but I've successfully passed the gene to lucky Lucy. Taah Daah......