Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gearin' Up for the Big Girl Room




So I decided I was going to take on a craft project--painting an old dresser, putting on new knobs and painting a toddler bed for L's new room. Then Jud reminded me that I am not necessarily known for putting a lot of elbow grease into such projects. Not to mention inhaling paint fumes and Kilz at 8 months pregnant being a bad idea. So I quickly called our fix-it, painter and overall hero John and he did it for us. They are so cute now--goodbye ugly oak furniture! We are recycling both the toddler bed which came from a friend for free and the dresser which was actually Granny Judi's in her first room in CT. Score!! I can't wait to get in there and start putting some of these things in the house. PS--I got the knobs for $4 each at a site called Cool Knobs and Pulls.com. It's awesome!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

turned out so cute

Betsy said...

Looks great! Great idea to pass that project off to John.

I see the carseat in the background and just realized I didn't wash it before returning it to you...sorry...

Tara said...

Adorable!! Good luck with the big girl bed! I'm still not that brave! When's the big moving date? Did it get pushed up?

Ingrid said...

Bets, no worries. Tara--I hope we are starting moving in the first week of october! Who knows when we wil actually bust out the bed!!? I just wanted to get it painted before baby 2 arrived.