Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blackberries, and Little Else

Lucy is obsessed with picking blackberries in the backyard here. She stands at the gate to be let out to raid the bushes, crying "Bla Bay, Bla Bay!" Now of course when I bought her blackberries at the store, which were much sweeter than the wild, tart ones, she threw them to Maya, as she does with almost any type of food she's not familiar with. I am PRAYING for this next child to eat more things than Picky Lucy. All of you parents with kids who eat everything, you have no idea how good you have it!!

2 comments:

Pound said...

blackberries = snakes.
hope ya got your shotgun ready!

PS AMEN to your comment regarding kids who eat anything!!!

Tara said...

Glad you are enjoying yourselves up in Erie! I couldn't agree more with the eating thing!! I'm learning to let it go, but I have to say the last month has been better. I bargain with her now :) I put a few different foods on her plate at each meal, making sure there are 2 that she likes. First she says no to the new foods, then she eats the favorites and asks for more. I tell her one bite (of the new food) then more (of what she likes). She doesn't like everything but many she does and at least she learns to taste new things!