Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sick Baby=No Rules


During Lucy's illness, all "rules" were out--pacis were allowed at all times, in jammies all day, TV was on all day and she was happiest just sitting on my lap and watching Blues Clues (a new favorite show).  But that's what you get to do when you are sick--some of my fondest memories of the family puke bowl (didn't everyone have one of those?) next to the couch on Kahkwa Blvd. were laying there watching Jem and the Holograms and reading Teen Beat which Granny Mal always got for me. I am so happy she is finally better and I can go back to being the mean mom. No pacis, flash card drills and forced meals in high chair. No wonder she only says "daddy" and not "mommy"! Hopefully she won't feign illness just so she can get back to the nice mommy.

1 comment:

Stacey Faye said...

I am mean mommy too. Poor Ollie is subjected to Portuguese language CDs! When all he wants is Yo Gabba Gabba!