Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Mommy




The girls threw me a brunch-time party-thanks all! What's better than a playgroup with champagne punch on a Wednesday? Lucy and I went to the architect's office to meet Jud and reviewed our 3-d house plans, it is going to be so cool! Jud and I had a low key takeout dinner and Maggie Moos to celebrate. We need to eat after she's gone to bed every night!! After being up in Erie and learning my friend's 2 and a half year old Montessori-educated son is able to wash his own dish, that was enough for me to investigate it! I guess the gist of it is treating little people with respect and putting them to work because they like it and makes them independent, confident little beings. I guess if you can pull that fast one on them at an early age before they discover how much fun it is to sit on the couch with a bag of Cheetos and have your mom pick up your junk, all the better! So here is Lucy sitting at her own little table, practicing the fork. And using her fine motor skills to put the mardi gras beads into the cup and take them out. This all lasts about 5 minutes until she is on to the next activity, like climbing on top of the table, pulling the cord out of the socket or scaling the baby gate. I'm going to give it a few years till we try the pouring your own water activity!

3 comments:

Stacey Faye said...

Happy Birthday, Ing!

I am with ya on the Montessori stuff. Hopefully Oliver will be cooking me dinner and keeping the house tidy by the time he's 7 months. I could use a little help!

The Hogebooms said...

happy birthday, ingrid! i haven't checked up on your blog in a while, and lucy is so grown up and ADORABLE! hope all the allens have a happy holiday season! sarah

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Ingrid!!!!