Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy 29th Sister Sue

You would have been one year closer to 30 today. Lucky you will always be young and pretty and funny, forever 23. We curse that stupid porch on a daily basis and wonder why you weren't inside having a nice quiet dinner instead. But that wasn't you, little Miss life of the party. I also think you would have way more friends than me on Facebook. I will never forget the time we went into Nordy's a couple weeks before you left us and the shoe salesman who was gay as Christmas knew you by name. I hope you are still wearing your Gucci sandals up there, or at least have traded up for some Christian Louboutins by now. We love you and miss you.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy Bday Katie! Wish I could've known you.

Julia Lillis said...

No kidding Ing, she would've had more Facebook friends than you, me and Stace COMBINED! And she'd probably leave a snarky comment on your blog on a daily basis and clothe your child in nothing but designer onesies :)

Pound said...

I'm sure you indulging somewhere! Happy day!

elliebelly said...

Miss her. ;o( xoxoxox

HenJen said...

Happy BDay Katie! You and could have celebrated together every year....sorry too that I never met you.

Unknown said...

Just now getting to the blog and remembering Katie's B-day. I remember her mischevious smiles at your 25th B-day party and her vibrant personality-----instantaneously recognizable! We hope she had the BEST B-day in heaven.